7 Reasons To Watch Girls
Just to clarify I'm not suggesting you be a peeping Tom, I'm talking about the HBO series Girls; which is bloody brilliant by the way. Unlike every other attempt to encapsulate the Generation-Y female mind, this one actually does it justice. Created, written, directed and starred in by Lena Dunham; the series, which just finished it second season, is a very fresh perspective on what it means to be in the limbo of child and adulthood. (Cue Britney singing "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman")
- It's genuinely funny, and not in a typical way. These girls don't hold back in the slightest and it makes for some great dynamics within their relationships.
- The 'girls' themselves. They're all unique to each other, but yet totally relate-able. There is a bit of you in each of the characters and yet you don't know what will happen next.
- Charlie. Just watch it, and then you'll understand.
- The nudity, if you like boobs, bums and other lady bits, then this is your show.
- The soundtrack. It's cool and indie but not in a pretentious hipster way, and it always works well into the show, not just a random song of the moment stuck in their for the sake of it.
- You'll (probably) feel better about yourself. All of the main characters are lovely, but god they need to get their shit together, and you can't help but feel a bit more content about your own circumstances.
- The episode length. Only 28 minutes per episode means that you can watch a season (or two) in a night and not feel like a total zombie the next day.
Overall, I freaking love this show. If you're feeling a bit lost and need something new to get stuck into, I'd definitely recommend it.
PS. Even if you don't want to watch the show, have a listen to this playlist and you might change your mind.
Xoxo britt gurl
(procrastination at its finest)
Like, Share and Read some of our other articles!