Vic Park Summer Street Party returns in 2017
A crowd of 50,000 is expected to take over the Albany Highway café strip between Dane and Mint Streets and right up in to the Park Centre in East Victoria Park in a culturally diverse event that aims to bring together the entire community.Highlights of the Vic Park Summer Street Party include:
- live summer music ranging from jazz to Indi Rock to Bollywood and brass, with entertainment stages featuring bands, DJs, big bands, soloists and local performers;
- food galore with alfresco offerings from local restaurants and cafes;
- pop-up street bars along the highway;
- family fun including Kanyana Wildlife, a special kids zone of free activities, face painting and plenty more fun for the kids;
- weird and wonderful art activations throughout the precinct;
- plenty of retail therapy with local retailer specials and market stalls;
- roving entertainers that will perform around the festival village all day.
The full program will be released shortly. However, local traders and volunteers from the community who would like to be involved can register their interest via Flavia at Vic Park Collective at [email protected]
WHAT IS THE VIC PARK COLLECTIVE?
Driven by genuine passion to make significant and positive changes, a group of locals formed in 2013 to collaborate with, and form links between businesses, residents and the Town of Victoria Park. With objectives of creative collaboration, community connectivity, inclusivity and sustainability, their mission is to make the area ‘uniquely awesome’. Since then the volunteer group has successfully delivered a range of projects for the community such as community parklets, Plastic Free July campaigns, a street art map, a car-free-day on Kent Street and the 2015 Summer Street Party.